Zoom is a video conferencing software that has gained popularity in the corporate world. A lot of people use Zoom for video meetings, conferences, and now interviews. A Zoom interview is held over Zoom, and it usually happens in situations where both parties can’t meet in person.
Typically, the setup of a Zoom interview is done by the interviewer, so all the applicant has to do is to log in. Even though a Zoom interview isn’t done in person, you still have to maintain a good impression and stand out among other applicants.
How to make a good impression on your Zoom interview
- Your interview will be able to see you, so you need to have good posture and use appropriate body language.
- Look directly into the camera while talking.
- Turn off your notifications and stay in a quiet place.
- Use a laptop with a good camera.
- Use good lighting in the room.
- Find a good internet connection.
- Answer questions confidently and put on a pleasant expression.
- Dress appropriately.
- Practice with Zoom beforehand, so you’re familiar with the controls.