A wedding speech is given at a wedding by any guest at the wedding. The main speech givers are the groom, best man, and father of the bride, but any guest present can give a short speech or toast to the couple. Giving a wedding speech is not as difficult as it seems, especially for less traditional weddings. Once you are called upon to give a wedding speech, you have to keep things simple and short.
How to give a wedding speech
- Keep your speech short and meaningful
- Add some jokes but be careful not to go overboard
- Appreciate the couple and state how you know them
- Tell a few anecdotes if you have the time
- Give them some marriage advice
- Thank the rest of the guests for coming and raise a toast to the couple