A thank you speech is given by someone who has won something, accomplished a goal, or has been appointed a position. The goal of a thank you speech is to show appreciation for the people that contributed to the reward. A typical thank you speech is semi-formal to informal and focuses on expressing gratitude for a person or a group of people. The outline of a thank you speech largely remains the same regardless of the occasion.
How to make your thank you speech more relatable
- Mention the people you want to thank by name and thank them personally
- Tell a personal story if you have the time
- Don’t be afraid to be emotional of funny in your speech
- Don’t spend so much time talking about your achievements
- Don’t stray too far from the subject while giving your speech