A technical interview is different from a regular job interview because it doesn’t focus on what you have on your resume. This interview aims to evaluate the extent of your technical knowledge and how well you think in the face of challenges. Employers commonly use a technical interview for tech roles such as IT or engineering positions.
A typical technical interview involves you answering a mix of questions meant to test you on various levels. These questions typically include behavioral questions, contextual questions, and problem-solving questions. You may even find some brain teasers and other proficiency tests.
Common technical interview questions
- Do you prefer to work with a team of people or by yourself?
- What is the proudest moment of your career?
- What would you do if you were not sure of how to complete a task assigned to you?
- Have you ever done more than what was expected of you while completing a task?
- What would you do if you had to work with a difficult co-worker on your team?
- What technical qualifications do you have?