An HR interview is among the last interviews you will attend during the interview process. The HR interview doesn’t focus on your resume. Rather, it focuses on your strengths, weaknesses, personality, and ability to perform well at your job. You will also be appraised on how well you fit into the company and team culture.
They serve as an elimination round where applicants are dropped if they fail to meet certain requirements. Usually, you will have the interview with a member from the HR department. You need to prepare adequately for this role by researching the position and practice answering HR generalist interview questions. Most importantly, you need to be your best positive self.
Common HR generalist interview questions
- How much experience do you have related with this position?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How well can you describe this company’s culture?
- What is the biggest challenge you think you will face in this position?
- Where do you see yourself or your career in 5 years?