An elevator pitch is a condensed version of a business pitch. An elevator pitch’s main aim is to inspire enough interest in what you’re saying that can lead to a longer meeting. The name, “elevator pitch”, is gotten from a typical elevator ride. Therefore it should take less than 2 minutes, you should be able to sell yourself in that amount of time.
Elevator pitches are a great way to connect with people in your field, sell your product or company, and expand your network. A successful elevator pitch is going to provoke a second meeting. With enough practice, you can develop a great elevator pitch. You can try out an elevator pitch generator first to give you an idea of what to do.
How to develop a great elevator pitch
- Keep it brief and mention only relevant credentials.
- Be persuasive but not too pushy. You have to make them interested in you
- Start with an attention grabber
- Describe your work in an engaging language that sparks curiosity
- Use an elevator pitch generator